Asotin County Sheriff's Posse is committed to providing the public and the civil agencies of Asotin County State of Washington, with an organization of trained volunteers dedicated to search and rescue operations as a public service. It is also our resolution to further educate the public and our volunteers on outdoor safety, search and rescue operations and to disseminate information for the good of the public.
The purposes of the Sheriff's Posse are:
- To provide a public service by engaging in search and rescue activities in support of civil agencies and other authorized search and rescue organizations.
- To provide the legal authorities of Asotin County and Washington State with a volunteer, highly trained advanced mobile search and rescue team.
- To provide an organization of volunteers possessing knowledge of the State's topography who are trained and equipped to assist other organizations in time of emergency or catastrophe.
- To promote preventative search and rescue by education, training and example.
- To disseminate information and conduct training programs for members and the public concerning outdoor safety and search and rescue operations.
- To associate with similar organizations in Washington State for the furtherance of the objectives of the organization.
How to Join
People that have an interest in the outdoors, able to pass a background check, and are willing to volunteer some of their time to help people can apply to join the Asotin County Sheriff's Posse. A user's membership in the Asotin County Sheriff's Posse will not be denied for reasons of race, color, religion, national origin, culture, physical, or mental handicaps. Age will only be used as a criteria for membership as it pertains to the minimum age required for being a member, which happens to be 18 years of age.
New people often bring new skills to the team. You also would have the opportunity to learn new skills such as wilderness survival, knots and rappelling, human tracking, maps and compasses.
For more information please contact the Asotin County Sheriff's Office by calling 509-243-4717.
How to Donate
The Asotin County Sheriff's Posse is an all volunteer, not for profit (501c(3)) organization and is not funded through the Asotin County Sheriff's Office. We are funded solely by donations and fundraising efforts.
If you are interested in making a cash donation, you may send donations to:
Asotin County Sheriff's Posse
P.O. Box 162
Clarkston, WA 99403
Please make checks payable to: Asotin County Sheriff's Posse
Donate to United Way
Another way to donate is through the Twin County United Way. Please write the address above on your enrollment form to specify which organization is going to receive your donation.
If you would rather donate supplies, some of the items needed are:
- ATVs and Snowmobiles
- Bottled water
- GPS Units