Property Tax

2022 Tax Statements were mailed 2/28/22.  If you have not received your bill by March 15th please call our office. 

Our tax roll is not currently available on our website, please call 509-243-2010 or email the Treasurer's office and we can provide that information over the phone or email you a tax printout.

Tax Due Dates

The Treasurer will forwards to all property owners a statement of real and personal property taxes due upon the completion of the current year tax roll, per Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 84.56.020. If the amount payable is over $50, one half may be paid on or before April 30 with the second half due one or before October 31.


In Person Payments

Office hours are 8am-12p & 1p-4pm.  We have a payment drop box located outside our office door, Room 110 and outside the courthouse building next to the ballot box. 

Credit Card Payments

Credit card payments are only accepted through an independent automated service. ACI Payments, Incorporated assesses a fee to the customer for this service.

To pay by credit card, dial toll free 877-706-6062 or log on to the ACI Payments website. Have your tax statement and credit card available. Before paying delinquent taxes by credit card call the Asotin County Treasurer’s Office at 509-243-2010 for up to date payment amounts.

The credit card system automatically dates and times your transaction.

Interest & Penalty on Delinquent Real Property Taxes

Interest and penalty for delinquent first half taxes are calculated on the entire tax amount. First half taxes are delinquent after April 30 and second half taxes are delinquent after October 31.

  • Interest: 1% per month on the full amount due (from month of delinquency to month of payment) as prescribed by law.
  • Penalty:
    • 3% on June 1 (current year tax only)
    • 8% on December 1 (current year tax only) as prescribed by law

Before paying delinquent taxes by credit card call the Asotin County Treasurer’s Office at 509-243-2010 for up to date payment amounts.

Tax Statements Are Mailed out Once a Year

If your mortgage company is no longer paying your taxes, it is the responsibility of the property owner to notify the change of status to the Treasurer’s office.

Contact the Treasurer’s Office immediately to provide us with the correct mailing address to send the tax statement.

As the law states in RCW 84.56.020, RCW 84.56.025 and RCW 84.56.050 failure to receive a tax statement does not relieve you of your responsibility for tax payment. The law presumes that everyone knows that property taxes are due and payable every year. Failure to pay property taxes on time will accrue late fees and penalties. The fact that you did not receive your tax statement is not an adequate reason for a waiver of these penalties.

Senior Citizens & Disabled Persons

If you are 62 years of age or older or disabled, own the house you live in, and have an annual income of $40,000 or less, you may be entitled to a full or partial property tax exemption. For information and application, contact the Asotin County Assessor’s Office at 509-243-2016 or visit them at:
135 2nd Street, Room 110
Asotin, WA 99402

Taxes Paid Under Protest

To preserve your right to seek a court ordered refund, your protest must be in writing and must comply with the requirements set forth in RCW 84.68.020 and Washington Administrative Code (WAC) 458.18.215.


Neither Asotin County nor any agency, officer, or employee of Asotin County warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information on the Web Page and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by such reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. Portions of such information may be incorrect or not current. Any person or entity relying on any information obtained from the website does so at his or her own risk.